How is it already June?! I've never felt like a year was flying by as much as 2018 has been so far. I can't believe it's been five full months since I moved...
While the goals I set for myself at the start of the year are still very much important to me, lately I've been admiring something that Kate over at Greatest Escapist does. Each month, she lists out some small goals and reviews how she did on her list from the previous month. She does this in place of any big resolutions but I kind of like the idea of identifying some things that are more "bite-sized" versions of my 2018 goals. Baby steps, and all that jazz. So I thought I'd give it a try!
Bite-Sized Goals for June
- Find a budgeting option that I actually like. I tried to give YNAB a chance earlier this year, but it was way too complex for me and I promptly stopped using it. I need something convenient (aka has an app) but that basically just functions like a spreadsheet.
- Practice my photography regularly. After weeks of eyeing eBay listings and obsessively comparing reviews, I finally bit the bullet on an Amazon Warehouse deal... and picked up a beautiful Fujifilm X100F. I fell out of the habit of taking photos as a hobby when my iPhone surpassed my ancient DSLR in quality, but I miss it.
- Write at least one other blog post this month. I keep taking photos & making notes with the intention to write blog posts about them, but never get around to it...
- Save eating out for actual occasions! I have been so busy lately that I've fallen into old habits and started ordering in when I'm too tired/lazy/haven't managed to get to the grocery store in two weeks. I've got some big plans to save money for, and want to kick this bad habit for good.
- Read (or at least start) the next book on Modern Library's Top 100. I haven't read a book off this list since 2016. At this rate I will definitely be dead before finishing the list, so it's time to get back on the horse.
- Work out or do something active at least 3x/week. I don't want to hold myself to actual workouts, but this is more to ensure that I keep it moving. The weather is FINALLY nice here and I want to enjoy it!
I will check back in at the beginning of next month with an update on how I did and some more bite-sized goals if I manage to stick with some of these!
One other small note that's not a goal, but kinda relevant - I actually just went through some older posts (dating back to 2015!) and realized that they were really... just fine. I maniacally hid them late last year when I "relaunched" this blog for the umpteenth time because I didn't think they were "good enough", but that's stupid. Since my motto this year is all about just doing my best vs. holding out for perfection, I've republished all of them and thus doubled the content on this blog. So that's something, I guess!